The Resource "Announcements" and other Boy Scout songs, 2005
- "Announcements" and other Boy Scout songs, 2005
- Inclusive dates
- Thomas discusses the camp songs sung within the Boy Scouts of America, explaining that they are passed on orally and that oikotypes (variations) of these songs exist. He explains that camp songs educate scouts about various behavioral expectations of scouts such as bravery, cleanliness, and cheerfulness in a fun or silly way. He describes some songs that act as a release valve. Thomas explains that some songs teach outdoor and camping safety, and that others serve a pragmatic function of ridding scouts of excess energy which might otherwise be spent getting into trouble
- Biography type
- contains biographical information
- Biographical or historical data
- Thomas was active in boy scout activities growing up, eventually earning his Eagle Scout award and joining the Order of the Arrow. Thomas was twenty-three years old when he completed this project. He attended Brigham Young University.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Language note
- Materials in English
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of "Announcements" and other Boy Scout songs, 2005
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work "Announcements" and other Boy Scout songs, 2005
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.byu.edu/resource/2EfdA1YMTqw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.byu.edu/resource/2EfdA1YMTqw/">"Announcements" and other Boy Scout songs, 2005</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.byu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.byu.edu/">Brigham Young University</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Brigham Young University. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.